Servicing Tips – Simple road trip vehicle checks
October 23, 2020
Can you believe there are 8 weeks till Christmas! So, you know what this means… Summer holidays are just around the corner. But before you hit the road to enjoy the very best that the great outdoors and the Far North has to offer, we’ve got some simple pre-road trip vehicle checks that you can do at home before you go!
- Clean your windscreen and make sure the wipers and washers are operating and cleaning correctly. Also check that that the water level is full.
- Check your Battery -Look out for signs of corrosion.
- Check your tyres. this includes pressure, tread, wear and tear such as cuts or bulges and don’t forget about your spare.
- Check under your vehicle for obvious leaks when parked for a period of time – if you find a leak, our qualified Technicians can assist.
- Ensure your lights are working: headlights, brake lights, indicators.
- If towing a trailer or caravan, make sure you understand your vehicle’s towing capacity. Check the lights, shackles and chains, and ensure that any awnings and doors are locked in place.
- Make sure you have the right level of Roadside assistance – if not, give our team a call to organise Toyota Roadside Assistance.
- Make sure your car has had a service with a comprehensive safety check within a reasonable time frame prior to setting off
- Find your car’s spare key and keep it with you in case you lose the one you are using.
Remember to check these before you head off on your great adventure, and if you find any issues, Give us a call – better to be safe than sorry.