A message from John Cole – COVID-19
March 24, 2020
To all of our JCT Community,
In light of the COVID-19 situation, I want to reassure you, we are monitoring this situation closely and keeping those who are most vulnerable in our thoughts, and are responding to the questions and concerns we receive from guests. I want to ensure you that our staff, and visitors of John Cole Toyota are taking the correct precautions in protecting themselves and those around them.
As per the announcement made from the Australian Government, our dealerships will continue to operate business as normal across all departments – vehicle sales, parts and service.
Providing a safe and clean environment for our staff and guests has always been important to us – but even more so today. We are committed to upholding a high standard of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit our dealerships.
How we are stopping the spread in our dealerships:
The below precautionary measures have been set to provide a safe and clean environment for all when visiting our dealerships.
- We have stepped up our cleaning and disinfecting of ALL hard surfaces, including vehicles.
- All staff are adhering to safe health and hygiene practices including hand washing, sanitising and cleaning their work areas throughout the day.
- Staff are using disposable gloves when contacting guest vehicles.
- No Handshaking has been implemented, this is to protect both our guests and staff.
- Service bookings are scheduled appropriately throughout the day to flatten peak times for our customers. This will reduce the number of guests in the same space at one time.
- For our elderly and vulnerable customers, we are offering vehicle drop off and pick up services to ensure your vehicles are being serviced on time and for your convenience. Please contact the service department to see how we can support you.
- Sale and Finance consultations are still available over the phone and we will continue to provide any additional information and photos etc via email if it is not safe to visit in person.
- EFTPOS is the preferred method of payment to eliminate the handling of cash.
How can you help
- Download the myToyota App and make your service bookings online.
- Keep your vehicle interior clean by wiping surfaces, removing rubbish.
- Remember to wash your hands often with soap and water, minimum 20 sec.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters between you and other people whenever possible.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let us know, by calling ahead so other arrangements can be made.
We are always here to help answer any enquires you may have;
And I thank you for your on-going support to our local business throughout this uncertain time.
John Cole (Dealer Principal) and John Cole Toyota Team.